Thursday 30 June 2011

From little things...


imagine the results from THIS little baby! (its an Acorn and yes it's a "representation" and GM free) (clay)


...jolly big things can grow...or so someone recently told me (and NO it wasn't Paul Kelly) gosh I hope I haven't breached any copy write stuff....
As is so often the way, the most beautiful things come to you when least expected, I was wandering (as is my want) and I stumbled upon an absolute oasis in the middle of this beautiful city...
The Medicinal Plant Botanical Gardens (am sure it's not technically called that BUT that is what it is) and it was appropriately enough in a pretty "seedy" part of town :0)



simply being beautiful and not playing cards
having fun whilst not quite as beautiful as trees
It was tranquil delicious and filled with really really big trees and useful "planty" stuff! Just sitting amongst them makes you reflect on what is it that we're all doing, like crazy people, when all these big guys have been doing is putting all their energy into well, I guess growing big,tall,and strong, having said that I think we have more fun!


People reading, painting, canoodling and best of all the lovely table of "senior" Señores and Señoras who whipped out their Canasta cards and got down to it, I think they have decided that they have made as much effort as those beautiful tree's and they're getting their Euro's worth Free entry for Pensioners... 

That should be it for me as it's late, but who could resist a segue such as the above into the "older set of Spain"

The Spanish Señora's are a sight to behold (I promise to bring you a photo before I leave)  they lunch and "afternoon" catch up like demons. Beautifully turned out  with their lips and eyebrows firmly enhanced and in "place" they are a sight to behold out and about town. Do not be surprised though if one casually shakes her glass at you from the next table and anticipates a refill from your bottle, because they're just about done and a "splash" more is all she needs! Yes this happened and I gladly shared, what a privilege!

Now the Señores, goodness gracious, with their penchant for pistachio cashmere sweaters over the shoulder or their finely tailored suites, cuff links and cigars what can I say, they are incorrigible, (oh and unfortunately they are not Antonio or Javier) but good grief they could teach the young (and not so) at home about "closing the deal" behaviour, I have never seen anything like it! If they weren't so neatly ironed they would be called something completely different!

Maybe they should get together with those Señoras. oh actually they probably are!
paint, draw, canoodle, play cards or just be its a playground!

PS: Today I shared my toasted cheese sandwich (I KNOW!!! but a girl cant live on Paella alone) with a homeless person, I hope it doesn't make me sound naff, but it was actually another lovely experience! (and no, I'm not turning into a bleeding heart sucker. I only really needed a snack) However,anyone who is reading this is one of my friends, I'm sure you would have to agree we are such a lucky people, it's kind of cool to share...OH yuppity yup yup yup I DO love a segue!!!!

Thank you for SHARING  xxx







No comments: