Sunday 19 June 2011

The Big Guy of Valencia...




Today I had a gorgeous wander through the Jardienes de Turia, this is 9kms of beauitful parkland that as always in this beautiful City, was full of surprises....
There he was... Gulliver himself no less lounging about in the middle of the park (well perhaps not lounging per se it did look as though he was hogtied and pinioned to the ground with big brass stakes) but he looked relativly relaxed for some one (who had possibly had a dose of temazapam....)
Slightly alarming are the "little people" entering Gullivers cod piece....
This beautiful park was once a River that ran through the City (something happened to it, I'm not sure what but there was some consideration given to turning the space into a freeway...I am very pleased to say they didn’t)
It’s a hot bed of activity on a Sunday, peeps running, walking, roller blading, kicking soccer balls, riding bikes, snogging (what is all that called Oh that’s it! Exercise) and even a guy on a unicycle!

There are a series of bridges that you meander under on the way, the gardens are filled with an incredible variety of plants including groves of mandarin trees, also, The Institute of Music (once again smack dab in the middle of somewhere unusual and unexpected) I was fortunate to hear a rendition of Beethoven’s Fifth (thank goodness it was that otherwise I doubt I would have recognised anything else) But what a Sunday morning treat!

thank you for not playing his 16.75.....(or even more 94.5!)
   


It’s also pretty clear that they like dogs here (they even have a big fat pond for them to swim in)....
 


On to the City of Arts and Sciences (have just realised I walked a VERY long way)
This building is absolutely incredible, second only in Global building scale to our very own Opera house I didn’t go in will save it for when the Lovely Trish joins me (apparently though it has an Imax that you can see movies about astronaughts ! Pretty cool!


I'll bet Oprah hasn't been here!
                                                                                       


I then wandered all the way back and found this exquisite little vista, the Valencia Eye!
Another fabulous day !                                                 

Thanks for sharing xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Says she of the 'one raised eyebrow' ~ I love you xx