Monday 13 June 2011

A Ducks in a row kind of day...

It was a kind of “hot and sticky” start to my  Sunday... 

Just as I was about to really get stuck into those pesky verb conjugations, a text from one of my GYT schoolies...lets catch up... ok then YAY!!!(That’s actually Spanish for great!)

Here’s how my Domingo unfolded....

Oh, but first, I have I shown you around my place....it's GOR-geous Darlings!
This is actually the floor of the Museo De Ceramics right next door, I know I'm a bit cheeky for including it my "house photo's... Just the kind of girl I am though!

This where I spend time thinking about verbs.....

This is the casual dining room for when my Schoolie buddys drop by for a quick Cervesa...
This often how I get home at night... (usually there is a horse attached)


So now let the activities begin....
Because of course it would be churlish not to, Jan and I climbed the Migulete Tower for the most expansive view of this delightful City from its highest point. Fifteen steps into it this “not to be missed” experience I was a little bit puffed... Shades of the Sargrada Famile in Barcelona, I should have remembered!!!

On the stairs we met a lovely little old lady who was about 92 years old, so I kind of felt a little sheepish and soldiered on (although she was coming down which was much easier! How did she manage to get the easy gig?:0)
Anyhooo, was it worth it? Of course it was!
The Centre for Arts and Sciences, like a big fat beetle in the distance!   

technically it's just 70 metres...
A little bit more of lovely...
And ditto....

























Then (of course) to Lunch....

Yummmmm! (Spanish for very delicious)

Akin to Spanish “sushi” so many processes, so much detail...almost (but not quite) too good to eat...




Home for a quick and culturally correct siesta, and then yes of course there was MORE!

Met the rest of the GYT's down at the port at the equivalent Ku de Ta Valencia and then off on a "sunset sail" on a big fat catamaran (a glass of Kava included!) Valencia hosted the Americas cup in 2007 (google if you would like more information :0)
Lance Romance would have loved this.



Fresh air and fresh Amigo's (T'was a bit chilly)



  
Tres artistic Marine type shot!
We finished off with a trip home on the Metro (that's a whole other story) and some of the (possibly) most pricey Pizza I have ever had...(It was pretty darn good though!)
All in all is was this kind of a day!

Thanks for sharing xxx

No comments: