Tuesday 31 May 2011

Contemplating ones Cumulous Nimbus....

This was actually from the weekend when I arrived, before I knew I would get REAL homework and be expected to do it! Oh, the joy that was the calm before the storm of stretching both sides of ones brain, I mean seriously, how many verbs does one language really need!
This morning I went in search of breakfast down this little street...



...and I found THIS!


I had lunch today with two of the  boy's from my class, one is a Physicist (at the ripe old age of 26) I mean seriously, that's like being an Astronaut!He is working on Biofuel from Algae, we have ideal conditions in Australia for this peep's, I have asked him to keep in touch for when his business "floats", will keep you all posted :0) It was such a pleasure to have the company of Christoff and Jan, two fabulously interesting and engaging guys! and my first two friends from school!


on the way home I went down THIS little Street....


and found this, nothing quite like a good chubby Cherubs! 
The thing I have really noticed is that my fellow student's have apparently "done this before".
They take lovely notes, and they actually practice at night, it's quite a revelation! So I have purchased a "gomme" (eraser, didn't want to say rubber:0) and am on the job for an immaculate work book...
Have now downgraded expectations to working ones way through a menu and being able to adequately order a glass of "vino blanco" although I did impress the lads today when I ordered "helado" (ice) even though I thought I was all that and a bucket of chips yesterday helado is actually the really correct word!...priorities darlings! I think learning to flirt with the Espanole locals may have to go through to the keeper this trip....

What an exquisite city this is though, effortless in it's deliciousness, like some confident gorgeous chiquita who flicks her hair, lowers hers eyes and looks at you with a "come on I know I'm special" It's fabulous to just breath the air! 

PS I did do my homework, there are a couple of blanks but at least I didn't just google them! although....:0) Thanks for sharing x

No comments: