Sunday 29 May 2011

my digs...

Well, it's pretty delicious here in down town Valencia, I am in the "El Carme" district (the old city centre) and its gorgeous. 
Am right next door to the Museum for Ceramics which is pretty handy if I get lost as it's a "national treasure", on the tourist maps and easy to be directed to...as I was by a mighty fine swarthy Espanole policeman on day one when I came out of a different door at the supermarket (Super Mercado)...Blush! 
It also will prove pretty handy if I want to speak to Korean or Japanese tourists, I had lunch (seared tuna YUM!) at the little cafe on my corner opposite it yesterday and they were EVERYWHERE!
The bells, just like the post office clock in Kalgoolie

My apartment is lovely, there are bells everywhere, not IN the apartment! (I haven't spotted any small hunchy types about, but there sure is someone out there taking care of bell ringing) happily though, they just sound beautiful and fitting for the architecture and location. Today I also was so fortunate to have a beautiful little quartet playing Vivaldi and other peeps like him, just downstairs in the square AWESOME!
There is a little bit of  mesh on the side of the Ceramics Museum that I see from my terrace, I think they are installing a "Welcome Radi sign" I will post pics when they're finished :0)

this is my local and a hot bed for meeting groups of Tourists, brilliant!

No comments: