Saturday 28 May 2011

The journey so far (so very,very far...)


Well , I have finally arrived in Valencia (pronounced WAlenthia for those in the know) hopefully I will be joined by my suite case sometime soon, apparently it has been having a wow of a time back in London communing with the other items in the Air France luggage hold, with any luck I may end up with a cute little piece of “French carry on”...oh... sounds like fun actually...

Anyhooo, it was a slow and arduous journey to make the last 45 minute flight from Madrid to here, in fact that little connection took about 18 hours.
Original flight came in two hours late (avoiding Volcanic Ash, which is a fair call on the pilots part no complaints here) subsequently there was a knock on effect with connections, the next flight (6.00pm) was delayed then, all belted up and ready to go some...passengers... words fail me (actually they don’t it just would be rude to write them) decided they wanted to get off!

Another hour and a half before they could get the stairs back for them to disembark, stairs! They should have just been pushed out of the door onto the tarmac!

So EVERYONE missed their next connections, Hotel accommodation all round, except only two staff (you fill in the time line....) bus to hotel more lining up, got to within two people to the counter and it was just like the real story of Christmas...no room at the Inn!!!

Taxi to another hotel and there were all the other people from the flight, it was like an episode of the Amazing race.... everyone head down jostling to get to the front, Anyhooo got to bed at 5.30am (and I drank the can of beer from the mini bar and didn’t tell them HA! Take that Iberian Air, I don't even really like beer but they made me so cranky) up at 8.30 (It was rather nice to have my first Euro continental breakfast in a while; I love those cheese and cold meat platters (none of that fruit and cereal stuff for me!)

Another five hours at the airport, and here I am!

Valencia is GORGEOUS!!! however, I do have a myth to dispel, that old chestnut "the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain" bollocks it's falls mainly on the terrace in Radi's boots whilst she's having a disco nap....Sigh... sunshine today, nearly dry :0)

1 comment:

kazbaz said...

Will be living vicariously through your wonderful tales Radi xxxxxooooo