Tuesday 18 October 2011

When the moon hits your eye...






Milan is a gorgeous city, easy to find your way around and the undisputed capital of fashion and fabulous shopping...(ask me about my boots!) it is also the home to the most breathtaking historical monument I've have seen to date...The Milan Cathedral or Duomo. I jumped on the metro (as one does now) thinking with a bit of a ho-humm attitude, yeah yeah another Gothic site, goodness me, it was bit like "ohhhhhhhhh you mean THAT Duomo" no words really just good old fashioned respect and admiration...actually INCREDIBLE may come close.
Get rid of the pigeons and it would be PERFECT!
I was in Milan to visit the lovely Italiano Bombshell Sara whom I met in San Sebastian, whilst studying (pffft...studying used lightly:0)

Sara showed me "her town" with such gorgeous Italian aplomb, and on the back of a scooter no less, what a fantastic feeling, even the bit where I was sitting quite casually and thinking, how close the traffic is to each other as we then proceeded to squeeze between a big red bus and 67 cars...I spent a lot of time breathing in!
How thin I should have been for scooter riding
The food was fabulous, we visited a gorgeous traditional Mialnese restaurant in a quite "rural area", where I had the most beautiful risotto and the loveliest gentle flavoured basil with my cutlet the size of a horse, we went to "by the river arty areas" for fantastic pizza and to a very sexy little bar that was heaving with beautiful bite sized deliciousness, now here though is my conundrum...when do you say Italy "stop giving stuff away!"...
And ruin...
                                                                   
Meet Rack...












I believe I have worked out the reason for the financial crisis Italy finds itself in, take a look at these two gorgeous platters that I (yup just little old me) received gratis with my 6Euro glass of vino...a meal... and this happened time and time again...
This however was my favourite meal of all time, Fasouli with mussels (and I paid for it! Di-VINE!!!!!
Scrumptious!  
This has been a bit foodie based, so I will throw in some Fashion and some fun... Oh but I must mention Maurizio, whom I met at the neighbourhood bar near the Laundromat, who insisted on sharing his home made sausage with me, I have no idea what "beast" it came from, but the subtle caraway and aniseed flavours just simply made me ignore the bit kind of large chunks of "fatty bits", cheers for the vino too!

A spot of loveliness
A spot of spottiness

The Welcoming Committee, beautiful people!
                                                                  
Spot of adventure....           
I heart you Milano and I extra HEART you Sara, thank you for your beautiful hospitality and the wonderful memories made!!!!


     
                            Thank you for sharing xxx





No comments: