Tuesday 29 November 2011

Home time...



The Journey of a thousand miles starts with one step....


This particular journey began with a couple of glasses of French bubbles one Sunday morning (yes I know, morning, it's always time for bubbles) earlier this year after a bracing walk in Kings Park with my lovely friend Bab's...

As luck would have it the rest of 2011 was rather "free"...

So, six months, four continents, seven countries and 18 cities (including poxy Toledo)... and this is it!

The end of a chapter, the most amazing memories made, incredible experiences had, learning you can live without most "things", but people who love you are irreplaceable, one language treated badly and a number of others poked within an inch of their lives...

New York


Here's where I've been...

SPAIN bought me to Valencia, Madrid, Malaga, Torrox Costa, (Poxy) Toledo and San Sebastian

GREECE gave me, Athens, Mykonos and Santorini

ITALY included, The Lake District, Venice, Bologna and Milan

TURKEY took me to Istanbul
 SWITZERLAND was the clockwork Zurich
FRANCE included lovely little Arles Sur Tec and my ever favourite city Paris

THE UK included Jolly Old London Town and a personal all time favourite Berkhamsted

                                       USA = New York, New York!


Paris

The opportunity to catch up with dear friends, and to have dear friends come  join me, to make fabulous new friends, surprisingly, to rekindle old friendships from my past, to enjoy and appreciate the kindness of strangers, and to realise just how much love is waiting for me at home...
I have eaten and drunk what I've wanted,when I've wanted, I have laughed until I've cried, I have done thing's I never dreamt I would do and I have embraced every opportunity that has come my way.

Milan

This, the last "post" is dedicated to love in all forms and a lovely philosophical reminisce of a well spent, busy rewarding and life changing six months...(I'm allowed to get a bit gushy because it's my blog)

Having said that, some things will never change
I still want to push people over when they "meander" in my way...
I still rustle around in my handbag looking for stuff like it's the inside of the Tardis.
   I have become a "dab hand" at public transport, but have I embraced it? 
NO!
I am still a Pollyanna and believe that most people are good at their core and have your best interests at heart (however, I now have a slightly more centred version of that and don't mind thinking that if they don't, they'll get theirs...)

I also realise that some things will never be the same again...
What all of them are remain to be seen...

Valencia
Possibly the greatest lesson that I have learnt (besides that smiling, oysters, champagne and boot's from Milan are important to your quality of life) is that, actually the only person that you really need to impress, make proud and answer to, is the person that is with you all the time...yourself...

I am very privileged to say that this little blog has enjoyed over two thousand visits, I can't thank you enough for your interest and the opportunity to feel like I haven't really been that far away.

Yes, I am still a "love heart" sap and am pleased to say that has not changed, I really do believe that love is the answer, the great news is that this comes in so many forms...
After spending so much time solo and the rest in the warmth of beautiful families and friends, thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart...it's now time to come home to the arms of my own loving family
 
New York


I am so very grateful to have had the opportunity to experience what a wonderful world we live in and what wonderful lives we lead...

   So, I'm on my way!

 and for the very last time, it is my pleasure to say...

Thank you for sharing xxx

...from the luckiest girl in the world who has had a real big adventure :0)















2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The information were very helpful for me, I've bookmarked this post, Please share more information about this
Thanks