Wednesday 17 August 2011

San Sebastian...good picking!





relaxing, local style
Am very happy with my own work at the moment, San Sebastian is beyond a treat!
Unbeknownst to moi this week is the Fiesta Semana (aka Festival of Perth) for San Seb, filled with a mass of people and with cultural events coming out of ones ears, concerts and fire works every night, can you imagine there being SEVEN different "fireworks type teams" competing for the "big bang" prize? and not a hint of 94.5 to be heard!
It has now become very clear why accommodation was SO tricky to find!

The food is fabulous, fat and fresh occy skewers, big fat prawns with salsa and my all time favs of fresh anchovies in extra virgin olive oil plus a vino blanco...at Euro 4.60 (damn, I have a "Euro" symbol on my key board but don't know how to make it work!) is heaven on a stick/plate quite frankly...
island in the background, is one of those yachts for me?



 In fact, here the way one can judge a good tapas or Pintxos (as they are called in the North) bar is how many paper napkins are strewn about the floor, yeah baby I've been knee deep!

Monday I went to my new school for orientation, and once again was overwhelmed by yet another group of gorgeous young things, just out  enjoying life! I am so looking forward to hearing more of their stories...  

We had a wonderful day, (it was a public holiday) a wander around the "City" and a trip to a beautiful island for some (not so gentle) uphill walking, but happily down hill was a very civilised little bar...
Gorgeous City, Mountains And the ocean all 7 minutes from "home" :0)

It did take me a couple of "dummy runs" to find the school on the weekend when I arrived, first one, I overshot the mark by about 10 ks and thought, nup, I'm simply not turning up if it's this far away, and then the next day I under shot by a major intersection and probably had the locals on the verge of calling the Police as to why this "stranger" (at a very early hour on a Sunday by Spanish standards) was circling the immediate area looking in a very confused manner at her (obviously broken) map... as it turns out I'm 10 minutes away (and there is a hairdressers in between) happy days!
I saw a brilliant exhibition last night, 6 Billion Others, have a look for it, 5600 people from all around the world interviewed with the same questions and their answers recorded, the answer to each question is set up in a special little "tenty thing", I decided I was too far from home and away too long to explore the subjects like "Family"
"Testing Times" or "Fears and Tears" answers so stuck to the "jolly" subjects 
of Happiness, Making Love Last and The Meaning of Life...hhmmm... I cried like a baby.... 
Once again, life gives you a poke and asks how lucky can we all be..
Picasso, Malaga...

My most pressing issues this week (in no particular order) have been, why do the people in the apartment next door have parrot that does V loud wolf whistles (true story), I don't really like the tea at the hotel and will I pay eight Euro to wash my knickers at the laundromat or should I hand wash... Imagine that being a segue into something by Picasso... 
Lucky?...hmmmmm, I reckon so.....

Clearly it's awful here...




As Always, thanks for sharing xxx 


 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I read your blog I get hungry...PJ