Wednesday 10 August 2011

Malaga...

From my Hotel window one morning I watched this being cleaned by Fernando the Fountain boy (cousin of Pablo the Pool boy) it was very pleasant...
Well, after poxy old Toledo, I would have to say the decision to come to Malaga was bang on!
What a fabulous surprise and one that wouldn't have happened if all my plans for August had gone a smoothly as anticipated (or even just gone a BIT to plan...)
Unbelievably, my beautiful cousin and family from Switzerland were on vacation 
an hour away in Torrox Costa, so I caught the bus (I KNOW!)
and spent a beautiful couple of days with them at their big fat resort, with a big fat pool and the biggest fattest breakfast buffet I have ever seen!
How beautiful to meet my little nephew Teo for the first time and to have the opportunity to be on an overseas holiday overseas with my family from overseas, in the words of Tomislav and Tatiana "incredible"... indeed...see you in Zurich soon x
Prerequisite sight seeing before a nice long lunch!
calm before the hoards...
Torrox is the hottest place in Europe, and they are not wrong about that, it was boiling! 
A bazillion tourists but great food and a lovely feel to the place... 

I missed the bus home by a couple of minutes  (I'm sure they left early) and thought "sod it" and caught a taxi back to Malaga...(I KNOW!)

Malaga is a delight, it's fresh it's young it's casual and has the most delicious whitebait...it is also the place that I learnt that you actually can eat Brie cheese for breakfast too often, and in addition learnt that sometimes it pays not to be a whingy pinge when your room key stops working, I came back from Torrox to an upgraded very swanky ginormous room with choccie truffles, vino and note saying thanks for understanding, it was at this point that I thought it was a bit of a shame that Room mate Larios was just the name of the Hotel :0)

We all "see" the same thing, but it's how it makes us "feel" that is different... from a Jaun someone, a famous Spanish Artist from one of the "isms"

I thought that was a beautiful analogy that could apply not just to paintings but to our lives in general...
The Artists were "liberating their palettes" at the time (what a classic statement! :0)

The philanthropy of Carmen Thyssen has extended to Malaga...here in her Gallery was wonderfully, (for me) a special
visiting exhibition of the Impressionist from the Permanent collection in Madrid. Now, I know that Monet, Matisse, Picasso, Miro and Gauguin are like the big Five in Africa, but...I'm a bit of a sap for them all, the boundaries they pushed all seemed so interesting and jolly (despite the fact they were all possibly in varying states of going bananas)

 
I am SO going to get in trouble for taking photos when I shouldn't
So, thanks Carmen former Miss Spain who has indeed done good stuff....
Thanks also to lessons learnt, such as when ones plans go "culo" up...it's a classic situation of one door closes and another one opens, it can just be "hell in the hallway" (to quote my beautiful hairdresser Paula)
Madrid tomorrow and then off to San Sebastian for two weeks of...aye aye aye MORE study! 

Seems such a shame not to when you have at least three family members that speak 24 languages each, that gene must be in there somewhere!



Thanks for sharing xxx

No comments: